Thanks for your interest in writing for the Typsy blog
Here at Typsy, we love working with guest writers. If you have experience in the hospitality industry and you would like to contribute your knowledge, please read these guidelines and then get in touch!
Our blog is divided into three categories of content
- Content that helps hospitality workers improve their craft
- Content that helps venues better train their staff
- Content that helps venues and hospitality schools learn more about online education
We want Typsy to be a go-to resource for the hospitality industry. Somewhere people can go to learn, recharge and be inspired. We want our writers to dive deep into topics and contribute something new to the conversation.
Our audience includes restaurateurs, bartenders, front of house staff, back of house staff, training managers, educators and owners. We're looking for topics they will care about.
Submissions we are currently seeking
We are currently looking for the following article submissions. If you can write on one of these topics (based on our guidelines below), please get in touch with Glennise at firstname.lastname@example.org. State the topic you have chosen so we can allocate it to you.
- How to keep your hospitality team motivated (List)
- 7 ways to reach new restaurant customers
- How to make your cocktail bar unforgettable
- Running a restaurant - Manager training checklist
- How to inspire and lead women in the hospitality industry
- List of the best resources for hospitality training managers
- Why you should consider hospitality as a full time career
- Essential drinks you must know as a bartender
- Fun ways to reward your hospitality staff for awesome work (List)
- How to grow your restaurant in the first 12 months and improve ROI
- Inspiring hospitality stories (download suggested questions)
Alternatively if you have another topic you believe our readers would be interested in, pleae email your suggestion to Glennise at email@example.com .
Here's what we like to publish:
- Original and well written content. We don't republish content that already exists on blogs, LinkedIn or Medium.
- Lists, interviews and feature articles. Lists should be between 600 and 800 words. Features should be between 800 and 1200 words. If you believe you would make a good interview subject, please scroll down.
- Blogs with compelling subheadings that break up content
- Blogs that are informative and not trying to sell us anything
- Blogs that suit our writing style (fun, helpful, authoritative)
- Topics that we haven't already covered
We ask that you
- Provide a headshot and short (50 word) bio
- Provide links to your website and social media profiles so that we can encourage readers to connect with you
- Provide attribution for any images included within the article
- Include no more than 2 outbound links referring to your own company
- Include hyperlinks that give credit to sources (such as surveys, statistics, etc.)
- Share your article across your networks once it’s published – for example on social media or through an email newsletter
What to include in your pitch email
Tell us who you are, and what your connection is to the hospitality industry. Show us content you've written before so we can see how well you write (if you haven't had anything published before that's fine – send us something from a personal blog, or your LinkedIn profile). For example:
Dear [editor name],
My name is John Smith and I'm a gin expert who runs The London Gin Society. I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 15 years. I have really enjoyed reading your blog and believe I would be able to contribute some valuable new content [tell us who you are and what your qualifications are]
I would like to write about how bartenders should organise their bar to improve their efficiency during a busy night [share your idea and show us that you understand what would be relevant to our audience].
Here is an example of my writing: www.johnsmith.com/writing [link to a writing sample or your website]
Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.
If you would like to be interviewed
If you're not a writer, but you think you would make a good interview subject, we're currently looking for interviews with the following people:
- Industry experts with advice that is relevant for our audience (restaurateurs, HR and training experts, eLearning experts, marketers, consultants, etc.)
- Venues with an exciting new concept (for example see our interview with Australia's first certified gluten free restaurant)
If you would like to explore partnership or ambassador opportunities
If you would like to partner with Typsy but you're not interested in contributing any content, then you might like to check out or partner pogram or ambassador program. Read all about our partner program over here. Read about our ambassador program here where you can be rewarded for referring people to Typsy for the liftetime that they are a Typsy member.
If you feel like your content is perfect for Typsy, email our content team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your pitch.
Please note Typsy may enhance your content with calls-to-action to relevant courses, blog posts or email offerings. We reserve the right to edit your content to meet our quality standards.